We invite everyone to join us at our meetings which are the 2nd Tuesday of every month, except February and December when we host social activities. Our meetings are held in Flippin, Arkansas at our training building or at the South Campus College in Harrison. See the calendar for details. Join us at any of our events that we hold several times a year, such as our dog shows in November, Agility Trials in April, Obedience & Rally Trials in July and December. Our obedience, agility and puppy workshops are held each several times during the year. Our members are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the organization. Our membership application is available for download below.
If you’re not already a club member, we hope you’re thinking about joining us. We invite anybody interested in preserving the integrity of purebred dogs, showing, learning about purebred dogs, or learning about all aspects of good dog care and breeding practices and who is in good standing with the American Kennel Club to apply for membership. Our club has a lot to offer to its members – whether they are new to the world of dogs, shows, training, and trials, or seasoned breeders, pros and owner/handlers. From monthly club meetings to plenty of social, community, training, educational, and show and trial activities, we have programs and activities for everyone interested in our wonderful canines and the future of dogs in our homes and lives. All prospective members must attend and or work at least three club events before being voted on at a general meeting.
Area Served: We cover a large area of Central Northern Arkansas. Counties include Baxter, Boone, Fulton, Izard, Marion, Newton, Searcy and Stone counties, but we also have members from other counties and from southern Missouri.
The North Arkansas Kennel Club is dedicated to promoting responsible dog ownership, responsible breeding practices and care of all dogs through education and example. By providing education and example, the club hopes to bring the joy and love of the sport of dogs to the general public. Particular emphasis is placed on the objectives to protect, advance, encourage and promote the knowledge and sportsmanship of all purebred dog owners.
If this sounds like your kind of place, please join us at any of our activities, introduce yourself and chat with our great club members. To join, please send a completed application with two (2) sponsors who are current members in good standing, a signed Code of Ethics, Pre-Membership Survey filled out, and membership dues for the first year.
Dues renewal date is January 1st of each year. Reminders will be in the newsletter, Facebook, and the club’s website.
1. Individual – Individual members are entitled to all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. This level of membership is expected to participate at events and activities, and to attend meetings. At this level, the member will be contacted frequently to volunteer at all NAKC sponsored activities, including meetings.
Dues are $10.00 per individual
2. Household – Limited to two adult members residing in the same household. Each member is entitled to all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. This level of membership is expected to participate at events and activities, and to attend meetings. At this level, the member will be contacted frequently to volunteer at all NAKC sponsored activities, including meetings.
Dues are $15.00 per household
3. Associate – An associate is an adult member entitled to all club privileges except voting and holding office. This level of membership is welcomed and encouraged to attend all events and activities, including meetings, seminars/workshops, and public educational activities. However, an associate member is not expected to attend or volunteer at NAKC various events and activities, unless the member so chooses.
• a) This type of membership is great for new members trying out the club and dog events, and for members out of the club’s meeting area.
• b) This is an ideal level of membership for those members who want to support the club and stay involved, but are no longer able to participate in many of the various activities and attend meetings.
• c) This level of membership is excellent for members who are interested in and enjoy participating and helping out in one type(s) of activity or event that NAKC sponsors. The level of membership will be notified by newsletters, club site posts, and emails, and general information emails of upcoming activities and premium lists, and flyers. At any time those who are associate members and are currently active in the various events and meetings and wish to update to a full individual or household membership may apply to full membership with voting rights with written notification for a vote at a general meeting.
Dues are $5 per individual
4. Life – for those active individuals who have been members for 20+ years. Life members pay no dues but are eligible to vote and hold office. Please notify Sherry if you have 20 + years (a member since 1997) to modify your membership level.
Dues are $0
5. Junior – Open to young people under 18 years of age. Junior memberships are entitled to all club privileges except holding office and voting. Junior members pay no dues and their membership converts to an individual membership at 18 years of age. If under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at meetings and events.
Dues are $0
For a full Individual or Household membership with voting and holding office privileges you also need to attend/work a total of three different functions/meetings/activities/events before being voted for full membership at a general meeting. All membership applications will be read and voted upon at the third reading.
To apply, please click on the links below to download and fill out the forms and mail to the treasurer:
1483 Harding Boulevard
Cotter, AR 72626
Mobile: (870) 416-7062
NAKC Training Building:
825 E. Main Street
Flippin, AR 72634
NAKC Membership Application, Questionnaire, Code of Ethics, and Constitution and Bylaws
Please check out our online calendar for upcoming meetings and activities.